Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Good People


I have been writing this blog now for a while and upon reviewing it, I have realized that the tone of it can be pretty dark to an outside reader.

My writing makes it look like I am a bitter angry person who has an axe to grind with everyone. It appears that I hate everyone and everything. It looks like I am a total pessimist, who only expects the worst.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

What I have been writing about the negative attitudes in my head account for probably 5-10% of my thoughts. If you met me in real life, you would see that I have a pretty happy go lucky type of personality. I like to think of myself as a fairly optimistic person. I have great difficulties in holding a grudge against anyone. It doesn't take much to get me to laugh and I quite often have a smile on my face.

I have been using this blog to exercise those 5-10% demons out of my head, so they don't drive me nuts. Thus the blog has taken on a very dark tone. I would like to lighten up that tone now.

One of the reasons that I have been able to maintain my happy go lucky nature since the birth of Dylan is that I have received the support and help from some truly great people.

Some of these people have given me direct help, some have helped indirectly, and some have inspired me by the way they have lived their lives.

Over the next few postings, I want to talk about some of those people. This will not be an all encompassing list covering all of the good people in my life. It will be a list of some people that I just felt I needed to talk about.

Please stay tuned to see who makes the list...

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

Nope, I didnt think you were a negative person at all. I understood EVERY WORD of what you were/are going through.....I lived/am living it myself though.